ISLAND INTERPRETER / MARINE SCIENTIST
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is currently looking for an energetic team member to join our Activities/Guest Relations team. If you are interested in joining the tourism industry, are hardworking and have a passion for the marine environment then this job is for you.
The role of Island Interpreter is to perform the day to day duties required within the Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort Activities/Guest Relations department. You will be required to provide the highest standards in communication, organisation and professionalism, so as to create an environment that is focused on positive and memorable experiences.
Positions are live on and based fly in/fly out from Hervey Bay.
NB: Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is an isolated resort located 80km from the mainland
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Conducting land and water based tours in an exciting, personalised and professional manner
- Greeting aircraft and orientating new guests
- Conducting night time activities and presentations
- Maintaining the presentation of the Education Centre and guest facilities
- Multiskilling in other departments such as Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Reception when needed.
Bachelor degree in Marine Science/Marine Biology
First Aid Certificate
Advanced Resuscitation / Oxygen Provider
Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate
Coxswains Restricted or Open
QLD RSA Certificate
- Sound knowledge of coral reef and marine ecosystems
- Highly effective interpersonal & written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, and also with minimal supervision
- Confidence to carry out tours in an exciting, personalised and professional manner
- The applicant should be punctual, conscientious, have a commitment to service excellence, and be willing to go above and beyond for guest satisfaction.
Applicants must supply:
- A cover letter that clearly addresses the selection criteria.
- A copy of their resume that demonstrates they meet the minimum qualifications along with any of the desirable
- A copy of relevant certification (Incl. non-Australian applicants must supply copies of current passport and working visa)
Please send applications to:
Marty Charlton – HR Manager: email@example.com
Kym Fiora – Watersports Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com