Website Sea Saba
Sea Saba recognizes that choosing the right dive operation can make the difference between a good dive trip and an extraordinary diving experience. Our slogan "Dive the Sea Saba Difference" is multi-faceted.
Are you an experienced male OWSI (or higher), who loves diving, but also has a boating background and don’t mind hard work? If you’re the right guy it means you possess excellent people skills, are energetic and have a great attitude as well as 500+ dives and 100+ certs. What do we mean by hard work? We lift our own tanks and crew our own boats for starters. We also require all of our instructors to be fantastic dive guides with internal programs to assess your skill level. The right applicant should also be eager to learn more about the “behind the scenes” aspects of a dive center. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn as we are a smaller, busy dive center that does its own repairs, maintenance, fabrication, marketing and more.
Sea Saba is considered the premier dive operator in the northeastern Caribbean: www.seasaba.com. 2014 marks our 30th year with a solid reputation for professionalism, outstanding service and dedication to the environment. The island of Saba is known for its environmental protection both topside and below—great diving; beautiful island.
1) you are male and under 40 years of age (immigration rules)
2) you can be on Saba no later than Jan 31st, 2015 and willing to commit to a minimum one-year contract (we conduct a full training program for a seamless transition).
3) you have already spent some time on our website so that you have an understanding of the island, our business and diving philosophy.
4) you have resort experience: minimum 100 certs and minimum 500 dives—dives that you have lead—must be a competent diving guide and able to conduct an enjoyable, efficient open water course.
5) you are dedicated to being a team player and committed to impeccable customer service.
6) you are willing to give 100% daily; willing to go the extra mile when necessary; there are no ‘locals’ to do tank lifting or tank filling—our team shares the load.
7) you will check your email daily regarding correspondence for this position
We will give preference to those who possess the following skills:
– boating skills (picking up moorings, line tying, etc.)
– other languages: French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and German are useful in our area
– welding or fabrication experience
– mechanical experience (diesel engines, outboards)
– an understanding of electrical circuitry
-marine biology knowledge
Preference shall be given to non-smokers; absolutely no smoking allowed during the work day.
More about the positions:
We expect anyone who responds to this ad to be a current, qualified and experienced dive instructor capable of leading dives and teaching courses from DSD level through Divemaster. Pay shall be in accordance with your skill and responsibility. We regularly promote and train from within.
Sea Saba offers you:
· private small house or apartment at a reasonable rental price, furnished and ready to move in
· continuing education opportunities
· fair compensation allowing you to save money as well as have a good time
· nationalized health insurance at no cost to you
· Work permit, payroll taxes and full information will be discussed with serious candidates.
Those interested, please forward your CV via email as per these specific instructions:
email your information to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please be sure your message includes:
-Where passport is issued
-Where you are presently located
-Date of Birth
-# of dives in your career
-# of certs in your career
-Date you are available
-current photo—see more instructions below
Your attached photo should be no more than 200 kb, please.
Please note, applications not fulfilling all criteria above will not be considered.
You should expect an acknowledgment of receiving your application within 24 hours. More detailed information will be provided to serious candidates followed by a phone interview.
Look forward to hearing from you—thanks!
John and Lynn
Sea Saba Dive Center
Saba, Dutch Caribbean
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org