Dive Shop manager needed to be responsible for daily operations of a small but growing, PADI Dive Resort, on Koh Lipe, Thailand.
3 year contract starting as soon as possible.
PADI and SDI diving master/instructor.
Experience servicing Aqualung calypso regs / SeaQuest BCDs.
Basic compressor maintenance skills.
Computer skills, including use of Excel, experience in basic book keeping.
Good people skills.
Experience of working and living in Thailand an advantage.
• Profit / Loss of the Dive Shop
• Opening the Dive Shop every day, and keeping it manned, according to high season and low season schedules
• Operate Dive Centre to offering PADI courses, and dive tours daily.
• In conjunction with resort organise and run snorkel trips, and fun boat trips to islands.
• Renting snorkel equipment, kayaks and any other water sport equipment that the company buys.
• Retail Sales
• Promoting and selling to tourists on the island.
• Implement customer friendly environment and policies as requested by owners.
• Ordering equipment.
• Maintain, repair and replacing all equipment used in company.
• Keep a clean and well maintain dive shop.
• Managing staff, including finding, hiring and organising all staff. (Owners on hand to help and offer advice.)
• In conjunction with Castaway Resort answering e-mail to prospective customers.
• Daily Activity Reports (spreadsheet with no. boats, divers, snorkelers etc)
• Work with owners to develop products, packages and set pricing
• Preparing books and paperwork for accountant every month.
• Prepare Monthly Pay roll.
Support from resort
• Thai language communication from the resort.
• Advanced bookings
• Discuss management decisions with owners.
• Boats, drivers, etc.
• Paying suppliers
• Preparing books and paperwork for accountant and filing tax accounts every month.
• Producing monthly financial reports
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org please include in subject heading “dive shop manager” and please compress photos and documents as small as possible as our internet is quite slow on the island and down loads take time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com