DIVE SHOP MANAGER FOR PONDICHERRY
Urban Nomad Adventure
DIVE SHOP MANAGER FOR PONDICHERRY FROM 15.01.2021 ONWARDS
ABOUT URBAN NOMAD
We are a PADI Dive Resort, with our Headquarters situated in the heart of Pondicherry. We are hiring for our East and West coast outlets, but especially for Pondicherry.
Urban Nomad Adventure is offering Scuba Diving by PADI for all levels from DSD to GoPro as well as other water sports activities like snorkeling, kayaking, sailing and jet kayaking.
With a fleet of 3 own boats, own pool and multimedia classrooms our Pondicherry branch is a market leader in ocean sports at India’s East Coast, offering a state-of-the-art facility and focusing on high standards and personalized programs for all our customers.
With more than 30 deep and shallow dive sites as well as sweet water lakes, Pondicherry’s coast line has a lot to offer: Artificial and natural reefs draw an abundance of marine life – from nudibranchs to Malabar Groupers and majestic whale sharks. Wrecks and natural drop-offs allow even professionals to enhance their skills and guarantee interesting and challenging diving all year round for all levels from beginners to technical diving.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
URBAN NOMAD is seeking a dynamic Dive Shop Manager for our headquarters in Pondicherry.
It’s a great opportunity for a person who likes the challenge of responsibility, leadership and quality diving –
implementing high standards and strong bonds among the team.
– You have successfully managed a dive shop for a minimum of 2 years.
– You have strong leadership qualities, are ready to take on responsibility, are an experienced and senior PADI
MSDT (Staff Instructor or MI preferred).
– You love teaching, have a charismatic and friendly nature and are excited to raise ocean awareness through
scuba diving and AWARE programs together with us.
– You are able to multitask, work flexible timings and lead a small to medium size team consisting of foreign
and local dive and non-diving staff.
– You speak and write in excellent English and preferably speak Hindi, Tamil or Malayalam in addition.
– You have excellent customer relation skills and focus on quality maintenance of standards of our in-house
Fluent in English.
Minimum 3- 5 years teaching experience.
Minimum 1500 logged dives.
Physically fit to be able to handle rough ocean conditions and currents at times.
PADI MSDT Instructor renewed in full teaching status.
Instructor Specialties in Nitrox, Deep, Night, PPB, Navigation, Underwater Photography and EFR.
PADI/DAN professional 3rd Party liability insurance.
Personal dive accident insurance.
Personal interest in AWARE programs, ocean conservation, etc.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
– MSDT or higher PADI qualification
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent team leading and team building abilities
– Excellent time management skills
– Strong analytic and problem solving ability
– Ability to work and perform under pressure
– Ability to delegate and take decisions
– Strong business sense and understanding of profitability
– Professional and clean appearance
– overseeing and structuring of all Human resource requirements of the dive shop.
– conducting and organizing in-house staff training regarding PADI standards, safety, sales and customer care
– structuring, guiding, optimizing, overseeing, and participating in daily operations
– implementing SOPs and quality standards according to the company’s vision and mission.
– coordinating with all departments (diving, shop, watersports, activities, accommodation, accounting, top Management, etc.) and other outlets of Urban Nomads
– Leading our internal Dive Master program
– Participating in marketing activities, aware dives and events
– Building dive sites and conducting exploration dives
– Overseeing purchase, sales, inventory, marketing, branding, corporate partnering, customer care & complaints.
– Raising profitability, implementing healthy growth in coordination with the top management.
– Compressor knowledge
– Gas Blender
– Technical Diving instructor
– Hospitality or customer care experience
– Additional languages (Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, French)
– Boat license
WE CAN OFFER:
– Long term contract
– A competitive salary on Indian standard
– Possibility to work in our other outlets
– Help with accommodation
PLEASE SEND YOUR WRITTEN APPLICATION
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Submit your review