Website Delphinus Gran Canaria
26 years old dive center / Own boat / Passion and safety
Delphinus diving center is a 26 years old PADI 5 Star IDC resort located in the Canary Islands in side the Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel, Puerto de Mogan, Gran Canaria, Spain. Besides snorkelling & diving excursions, try dives and basic courses we also teach Divemasters and Assistant Instructors
We are looking for a highly motivated, professional and fun PADI Divemaster/PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor with the right mindset to enforce our team.
We are seeking staff for a minimum period of three months, starting beginning June 2022. For the right candidate we might consider the renewal of the contract after the initial period with a long-term career path.
- Able to follow directions of your supervisors or staff in charge
- Willing to deliver outstanding quality and individual customer service whilst being the best version of yourself
- Friendly with and actively outgoing attitude
- Punctual and organized and have a clean appearance
- A team player but also able to work independently
- Appreciating to work in a small team
- Flexible and have a professional attitude at all times
- Able to function under stress and doing 2-4 dives a day
- A hard worker who is physically & mentally fit and healthy
- Willing to learn and improve your own skills
- Hold an EU Passport
- Be fluent in English and able to teach with ease in German(any additional language is a bonus (eg. Spanish, French, Dutch,)
- Be a renewed and active teaching status Divemaster
- Have a valid medical statement signed by a hyperbaric doctor (or will
- visit a doctor upon arrival)
- Be familiar with all PADI Standards & Procedures, incl. PADI eLearning, use of the PADI’s Pro website
- Owning a full set of diving equipment as per PADI Standards for professionals including torch, SMB & reel,etc.
- Have a professional dive insurance with liability cover as required by
- PADI EMEA
- Valid European driving license – Minimum 2 years driver’s license
- Previous work experience is a plus but not necessary
Your responsibilities and tasks would include (but are not limited to):
- Leading the daily diving activities (guiding incl. night dives, assisting, refresh, DSD’s, snorkel, try dive events)
- Mentoring DMT`s
- Selling and conducting diving activities
- Pick up/ drop off customers
- Packing, loading, carrying, cleaning and drying equipment
- Keeping equipment, vehicles and facilities tidy & clean, ensuring the dive centers valuables are well looked after
- Basic dive center maintenance, service gear (especially during low season/dry days)
- Assist in the office when required
- Initially 3-month period employment with a possible long-term extension
- Full time job position with legal contract incl. registration in social security
- Competitive monthly salary
- Performance-related extra benefits for long-term candidates
- Guiding and teaching in small and individual groups
- The priority of safety and standards
- Staff discounts on dive gear and courses
- A modern and well taken care of dive center with classroom and own pool.
- The opportunity to build a long-term career in the diving industry (OWSI/ Specialty Instr./ MSDT, IDC Staff, MI, Specialties,etc.)
- Intense training by our head instructors to become a better Dive
- Mentoring and recommendation throughout your future career path
- Assistance in finding accommodation and settling down upon arrival
For any potential applicant your main focus will be on being in the water, guiding and teaching to all levels as well as promoting & upselling our activities to our guests.
The conditions for the right candidate are at a high level, a full and detailed explanation of salaries and and possible benefits will be given during the first interview via Skype/Whatsapp.
If you fulfill the above criteria/requirements and want to know why it is an opportunity for you to join our team, please send us your application with a full CV, motivation letter incl. two decent & recent pictures (profile + full body picture in your own diving gear) and record of diving qualifications and certification history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Full Name + DM/OWSI Application)
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com