About Lahaina Divers:
Since 1978, we have been providing Maui scuba diving excellence. We offer diving at some of Hawaii’s best dive sites like the pristine Molokini Crater and Backwall, Cathedrals and other points off Lanai, diving with hammerheads off Molokai and with an abundance of turtles and other amazing marine life along the Maui coastline. Our boats, Dominion and Dauntless, are spacious and disabled accessible.
Our dive shop, classroom and retail store is located in the heart of the historical town of Lahaina on the west side of Maui. We are only 3 miles from the Kaanapali resort area. We are a PADI 5 Star IDC facility and offer:
Top scuba diving to the most sites around Maui and surrounding islands
Open Water Scuba Diver training
Open Water referral completions
Professional training certifications – Go Pro!
Instructor Development Courses
Handicap diving including HSA certified dive buddies
An Exciting Opportunity:
Lahaina Divers is seeking a dynamic General Manager/Captain for their Lahaina, HI Dive Shop. This is a great opportunity for the person who wants to do it all! This person will be responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of Lahaina Divers Retail Center and Dive Operations to ensure Lahaina Divers profitability, growth and success. The ideal candidate will also be the back up Boat Captain and Course Director.
Initiatives you will champion:
Human Resource Functions:
- Perform Human Resource functions including interviewing, employment verifications/background checks, coordinating pre-employment and random drug testing, distributing/finalizing new employee forms/assignments/insurance enrollments and performing any annual updates to such forms and enrollments as needed.
- Oversee/conduct employee evaluations, corrections plans, investigations and terminations including disenrollment from health plans, deactivating assigned login and alarm codes.
- Assist Lahaina Diver’s President, Managers and Accountant with coordinating leave requests and tracking those requests.
- Assist Lahaina Diver’s President, Managers with assigning responsibilities and schedules according to operational needs.
- Develop, implement and administer Lahaina Diver’s Human Resource policies & procedures for all staff.
- Maintain and facilitate open communication and interaction with staff and managers to ensure optimal charter operations and oversight.
Retail & Boat Operations Functions:
- Oversee and assist with the effective management of retail staff and boat crew.
- Oversee and ensure retail inventory management is efficient and effective such as appropriate and adequate inventory levels/pricing/buying and assist with inventory management as needed including rental locker inventory.
- Oversee and ensure that effective customer services processes and flow as well as esthetic branding, cleanliness and appearance are optimal.
- Establish and maintain relationships with sales representatives and other vendors Lahaina Divers does business with to ensure acquisition/ordering of products, effective purchasing plans/discounts and participation in promotional programs occurs as needed.
- Establish and maintain schedules for ordering supplies, products, equipment, and other charter and retail related needs.
- Manage and improve operational practices and develop strategies for profitability in coordination with Lahaina Divers President, Managers, and Accountant.
- Investigate and address customer complaints and concerns.
- Respond to customer emails regarding questions, booking requests, etc.
- Assist with or manage Lahaina Divers Facebook, Instagram & other social media platforms.
- Conduct audits of Lahaina Diver’s reservation system to ensure dive charter bookings are done correctly based on diver’s certification levels, number of dives, etc.
- Assist instructors with processing Discover Scuba Dive forms as well as the completion of Dive Certification student folders.
- Oversee and assist with the timely submittals of insurance applications related to boat and retail operations including but not limited to boat insurance policies.
- Ensure timely submittals of receipts, logs and other documentation required by State and County agencies such as Division of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR).
- Provide marketing/sales input to Lahaina Divers President.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- PADI Open Water Required. PADI Master scuba diver trainer or higher qualification preferred.
- PADI Course Director preferred.
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience in a similar position or similar environment.
- Vocational/ Associates Degree or higher education preferred.
- Emergency First Responder required.
- Knowledge in electronic reservation systems and retail management systems.
- Computer skills, including use of Excel, experience in basic bookkeeping.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, adaptability and flexibility with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent Accountability & Dependability.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Mostly indoor work with intermittent work outdoors if assisting with cleaning and preparing scuba equipment and gear.
- Some weekend and evenings as scheduled.
- Some climbing on step ladder to reach cabinets, displays, television, etc…
- May encounter some exposure to air compressor while assisting with scuba equipment and gear cleaning and preparation.
- Attend trainings as assigned by the General Manager.
If you want to work with our team:
The position is based in Lahaina, HI
We offer a competitive salary based on experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your review